If you are an aged person who loves to travel around but have a problem with walking, then try a mobility scooter. You will enjoy every moment of your life by using this wonderful scooter. It is more like the electric wheelchair that comes with a seat and three to five wheels with handlebars. You can call it an electric scooter also. This scooter is the most popular mobility assistant for the disabled or aged person.
This scooter allows all the independence and freedom that one can ask for. To pick the right scooter to use, check this guide about the types of mobility scooters. I am sure you will find the one that will help you to enjoy traveling.
Benefits Of Mobility Scooters
When you get old and weak, everybody advises to stay home and take rest, but this makes the situation worse and leaves you to stay depressed. If you have enough confidence to handle the enjoyment, convince your family to get one mobility scooter by explaining the benefits. The benefits are:
- You will enjoy the independence you are asking for all the time. You will not have to depend on others to complete your tasks. You can move freely and complete all the work you want.
- The average speed of the scooter is 4-8 mph. So it is not fast to make you tired when you are outside. Your day will be spent well; even you are on the scooter.
- Flexibility is the main benefit of this scooter. All the features are designed to make the use easy for the old ones. You don’t have to depend on others to make it start or drive.
- With this scooter, there is no chance to get an injury as it prevents any kind of falling.
- It is comfortable and efficient to use. You will not feel tired even you are on this scooter all day. It just keeps you happy and confident.
- You can take this scooter anywhere you want as it has portable features. Just fold it and keep it on the backside of the car when you are on tour with your family.
- Lastly, this scooter is an affordable one. You don’t have to spend huge money to invest on this scooter. Choose the one you need and buy to use.
Types Of Mobility Scooters
There are types of mobility scooters to pick. Before picking the one you need, ask yourself where you want to go with it. Some need to go to places, some in the garden area, and some to visit the neighborhoods or a little far place. Based on the uses, there are different scooters in the market. You have to choose the one that will help you to travel where you want with it.
If you’re going to drive around the town, then a travel mobility scooter is the best option for you. The scooter comes with a firm wheelbase and a rechargeable battery that stays charged for long hours. The speed of this scooter is adequate, and the instrument panels provide correct information about the travel units when you are traveling.
2. Complete size
For rough terrain and outdoor activities, the full-size scooter is best. There are rear wheels to drive with stability and face all kinds of obstacles smoothly. You will find an instrumental panel, navigation lights, and legroom with enough space in this scooter.
3. Heavy duty
This scooter allows up to 550 pounds of weight while traveling. So those who have weight issues can take this scooter without any confusion. It has a large motor, large tires, rear-wheel drive. Anyone can drive this on any surface easily.
4. Foldable scooter
Those who love to take a long tour can think of having a folding mobility scooter to use. This scooter will allow you to take the scooter by folding in the car trunk. As it is light and has a compact design, it is easy to move with.
Note: Here, you have given information about the types of different mobility scooters. To provide more specific details, I have written a review article about the best lightweight mobility scooter. If you want to get one, then check it before taking one.
How To Choose A Mobility Scooter?
You have to consider the main points while choosing a mobility scooter to use. This scooter is for them who have trouble going around and have medical problems. Here some main points that will assist you in picking the right mobility scooter. The points are:
- For indoor or outdoor use, there are different models in the market. You have to choose the one that will help you to use it with ease and comfort.
- If you want to use the scooter for a long distance, then you have to consider the scooter that comes with a high distance range. The range comes in different options as it depends on the weight, surface type, battery condition, and speed.
- Before purchasing, know the surface type you will drive on because not all wheels are compatible with all surfaces.
- If you have a problem with spaces, then go for the scooter that comes in foldable features. They save space a lot. You can also take them in your car trunk.
- Don’t go for a heavy mobility scooter if you want to use it for shopping and near distance ride because lifts and stairs will be hard to cover.
- If you have weight issues, then avoid using scooters because the car and lane bridges will not be able to bear the combined weight.
- Do not carry extra weights on your scooter, or else it will slow down the speed. So avoid animals or shopping bags on the scooter.
Note: I have just given a summary of the main points to focus on while choosing the mobility scooters. If it was not enough for you, then check out the previous detailed article about how to choose a mobility scooter? I hope you will get all your answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a free mobility scooter?
Do I need insurance to use a mobility scooter?
Does a mobility scooter need to be registered?
To get the right mobility scooter for you or your loved one, you have to know the usage purpose and where you will drive. Based on that, you have to pick the one that is best for your needs by selecting from the types of mobility scooters. There are different types of scooters, but you have to ensure safety and respect the road rules when you are on it.
If you want to surprise your grandpa with a gift, then a mobility scooter will be the best gift for him. Let your grandpa roam around the town like a free bird; make sure to advise him to make the ride safe and comfortable. Enjoy the moments with him.